Frequently Asked Questions

Thank you for your interest in the Grand Haven Beach Vault. Kevin Patterson and Dave Emeott have been hosting this meet for many, many years and they are happy to have you join the fun. There are a few details you need to know about the event:

Live Results and Seeding: Will be posted at

*Location* – We are at the Grand Haven State Park, South End, Section 8, on the sandy beach of Lake Michigan

*Parking* – Parking is very congested and hard to find this time of year in Grand Haven. Plan to arrive at least 1 hour before your warm-up start time. It is really hard to find parking so please be patient. Drop your athletes off and prepare to walk/jog/bike/skate board your way to the beach from your parking spot which may be a 1/2 mile or more away.

*Divisions* – Please respect the divisions of our event. Moving into a less “COMPETITIVE” division is not beneficial for anyone. If you qualify for more than 1 division you may compete in both but you do pay a second entry fee. The second fee is slightly less, so contact us for that code.

*Tents* – Tents are always welcome but please keep them in designated areas and set back far enough so that spectators can see the event. Please note that the first ring of tents are reserved (see payment information on the main page). We do expect these will sell out.

*Food*– Bring your own or find an area establishment.

*Swag* – Many great Items will be for sale including souvenir t-shirts, hats, water bottles and more. See main page for links to purchase.

*Late fees* – Early registration helps us to plan properly for the events of the weekend. So the price increases once in the last days leading up to the competition and again for day of registrations. The only exception is if you decide to compete in a second division, in that case the late fee does not apply to the second entry.

*Sponsors* – We have many great sponsors for this event but we would like to add you. If you wish to sponsor a particular event please contact ASAP.

*Weather* – The weather is usually sunny and warm, but in the case of inclement weather each competitor must find shelter. We will jump again as soon as we are able after a weather delay and then move back the next divisions etc. We will jump Friday and Saturday as late as possible and if necessary we will move to Sunday to complete the event. Up to the minute information will be posted as it is know on our facebook site in case of weather delays. While it is likely possible to use too much sunscreen, we haven’t seen that situation thus far. Bring plenty of fluids, buy a hat and stay in the shade as much as needed to enjoy the weekend of vaulting.